Diary of Take-Home writing in the Library
12:42 pm: My voice hurts and I long for the outside. Pondering a leap into the plate glass, but it would probably end badly. Would injuries preclude me from having to finish finals?
1:20 pm: Have not actually written anything, but I am remembering how much I hate Margaret Mead. Oh yeah, and Grinnell should outlaw plastic bags at stores.
2:11 pm: Hey, you suck at working.
2:43 pm: But you ROCK at Tetris! New high score of 167,000 something or other. Still suck at paper writing. I'm sick and stressed, hence the talking in third person. Man, is that even third person? I want a pair of chacos so that I can be cool and trendy. Fuckin' old Birkenstocks have failed me by falling apart after only 7 years (will italics even work in TrueType? We shall see). SomethingAwful, you beckon me. Fuck you.
Edit: they do and to celebrate I'm fixing the poor punctuation of that last remark.)
4:20 pm: Yeah, I'm going to make some comment about 420 smoke every-day! because I'm gooooone.
4:36 pm: Oh hey, looks like I'm going to be homeless for a few days after school ends. Hrm. Any suggestions would be helpful.
5:32 pm: Someone from my high school is coming to Grinnell. Apparently, she's academically focused, quiet and totally sub-free. Oh hey, remember when I was like that? I will take it upon myself (with Lynam to help) to corrupt her. Soon she shall be taking cigarette study breaks MUAHAHAHA. Going to dinner soon. Have one handwritten page for V. Brown. Think I might need to correct French paper too. Shouldn't have watched CSI last night. Need to clean room.
7:16 pm: Dinner consisted of 3 bad things and 2 good things and one neutral thing. Waffle fries = delicious.
8:04 pm: It makes me sad that when I type "maternalist" into Microsoft Word, it asks me if I wanted to type "paternalist". Tomorrow I am trusting my locks to Ms. Lynam.
9:30 pm: Fuck, I've been here for awhile. conbrio was good though.
10:31 pm: 1 down, 1 (not as long one) to go. This has been a very unhealthy day. I've smoked more cigarettes today than I have since the Lille incident four years ago. It's not my fault, its just that a walk from Loose to Burling takes (almost) exactly the same amount of time it takes to smoke a cigarette. And, well, I've been back to my room a few times, and had one with Fielding...and, well, I'm ready for number 6 and not feeling nicotine sick. I'm sure I smell like a bar though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment