Monday, March 3, 2008

March 3

I don't really know how to start this. After spending much of my afternoon and part of last Tuesday in walk-ins, it has been determined that I've gotten myself a nice helping of an anxiety disorder with a side order of OCD tendancies.
Basically, a lot of the time, I can't control what I do and do not think and sometimes say or do and I have a very hard time concentrating, among other things. Obviously, and unfortunately, this is not all clear to me right now and I'm going to spend the rest of this week coming to terms with this and seeing a gamut of doctors (ok, like 2) to get things like medications and treatments sorted out.
This isn't a recent occurance; I can identify obsessive thinking as far back as early elementary school through today. Nor is this something that I'm angry, ashamed or upset about. I would much rather everyone hear it from me than someone else. I'll be trying to take it easy this next week because this weekend was hellacious, so if anyone has questions for me about this or other things, it makes me feel a lot better to talk about it.
So far, I haven't heard back from my parents since the health center called them and told them about me, but I'm not expecting much in way of support, so I would really like for people not to act like its contagious (its totally not).
Sorry for the wall of text.

No comments: